DCTA Partners with Uber to Offer $2 Discount in Highland Village Oct 10, 2016
In an effort to provide more transit options for those traveling within Highland Village, DCTA has partnered with Uber to offer a $2 discount for rides on the Uber app, within the DCTA selection. Here is how the new discount program works:
- If a person requests a ride through the Uber app that starts and ends within the Highland Village Zone (including Medical City Lewisville), between Monday and Friday, from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., a $2 discount will automatically be applied to the individual’s total at the end of their trip.
- Customers should enter their beginning and ending destinations, make sure the DCTA button at the bottom of the app is highlighted, and select “Set Pickup Location” to begin the trip confirmation process.
- Uber will provide the customer with an estimated time for pickup. The "Request DCTA Discounted Ride" button will confirm the trip request and ask drivers nearby to accept a DCTA Uber trip.
- Once a driver accepts the trip, the Uber screen will change to show the name of the driver, the car license plate number, and other pickup details.
- After the trip concludes, the Uber rider is billed. A receipt will be made available in the Uber app and will be emailed to the customer. If the trip started and ended within the Highland Village Zone (including Medical City Lewisville), a $2 discount on the total trip bill will be calculated.
PLEASE NOTE: Discount applied to Uber trips only. No additional discounts offered on any DCTA bus or train services.
DCTA welcomes rider feedback via GORequest to optimize the pilot program over time. As the pilot program grows, DCTA hopes to expand it in more areas throughout Denton County.