The City of McKinney, the McKinney Urban Transit District (MUTD) and the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are proud to provide Collin County Transit. This service consists of a subsidized taxi voucher program that provides efficient transit options for participating MUTD cities including Celina, Lowry Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton and Prosper.
Residents can enjoy the convenience of regular taxi service at a fraction of the cost to get to popular destinations such as grocery stores, senior centers, libraries, Baylor Medical Center, Medical Center of McKinney and more.
Irving Holdings, DCTA’s contractor, will operate the taxi voucher program and manage the call center. A variety of taxis will operate Collin County Transit. Not all taxis are accessible. Accessible service must be requested at the time of scheduling.
Overview of Collin County Transit Programs
- Older Adult Program - You must be a resident of one of the member cities and 65 years or older (see page for full details).
- Individuals with Disabilities Program - You must be a resident of one of the member cities and meet one of the seven criteria (see page for full details).
- Low Income Transit Subsidy Program - Must be a resident of one of the member cities and have an annual household income (before taxes) at the required program amounts based on the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines (see page for full details).
- Operates Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Providing trips within Collin County
The program will not be in operation on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Fare and Payment Structure
- The one-way fare is based on the origin and destination requested by the customer
- Basic meter rates apply
- $2.25 boarding fare plus $1.80 per mile
- There is a traffic delay time/waiting-time charge of $0.45 per every 1.5 minutes
- Riders may be responsible for any toll charges the trip may require – tolls may be paid using the debit card
- Basic meter rates apply
- Fares are to be paid using your Collin County Transit debit card
- Taxi drivers will accept cash and credit card for any additional payments
- Debit cards are not to be used for tipping
- If the total fare is more than what is available on the debit card, it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the difference (cash or credit card)
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) and guests may accompany a customer, at an additional cost of $2 per passenger (cash or credit)
- PCA’s and guests under the age of 17 may charge the additional $2 to the qualified customer’s debit card. However, riders over the age of 17 must pay the additional $2 using another form of payment (cash or credit). Taxi drivers will accept cash and credit card for any additional payments.
Check your CCT debit card balance here.
Passenger Qualifications for Taxi Voucher Program
- Residents of Celina, Lowry Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton and Prosper who are 65 years of age or older that provide required eligibility documentation (recent utility bill, rental agreement, or letter of residency along with a picture ID)
- Residents of Celina, Lowry Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton and Prosper of any age that meet the following program disability qualifications:
- Certified legally blind
- Certified deaf or profound hard of hearing
- Certified to be non-ambulatory without assistance or mechanical aid
- Certified to qualify for at least 50 percent disability allowance through VA
- Certified for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Certified intellectual disability/intellectually disabled
- Certified as having a seizure disorder
- Required eligibility documentation includes:
- Medical certificate or state or federal disability identification required for proof of disability
- Doctor’s note stating the disability, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) letter, Veteran’s Affair (VA) Award letter, Medicare ID card and other state agency certifications to one or more of the following disabilities
- Handicap placards are not an acceptable form of documentation
- Medical certificate or state or federal disability identification required for proof of disability
PLEASE NOTE: Customers with mobility devices can utilize the taxi program providing that their device meets the following criteria:
- Wheeled device no larger than 30” wide / 55” high / 48” deep
- Wheeled device and passenger weighing up to 600 pounds
For customers with mobility devices that exceed the above criteria, DCTA will directly provide demand response service using our accessible vehicles.
How to Apply
A person can apply for the taxi voucher program via email, fax, phone and mail and must provide the following:
- Completed application
- Signed terms and conditions
- Copies of all required documentation
- EMAIL: Send to collincountytransit [at] dcta.net
- FAX: Send via 940.387.1461
- PHONE: Call DCTA Customer Service at 940.243.0077
- MAIL: Submit to DDTC, Attn: Collin County Transit, 604 East Hickory, Denton, TX 76205
Customers should allow up to 10 business days, upon receipt of all required and completed documentation for their application to be processed. A letter will be sent via mail to indicate whether or not the customer qualifies for the taxi voucher program. Customers who quality will receive an introductory packet that will include their qualification approval letter and detailed instructions on how to load the card with funds and scheduling trips.
If you would like to appeal your eligibility determination for Collin County Transit, please click here to view the appeal process.
Debit Card Overview
How the Card Works
The MUTD has partnered with DCTA to provide a subsidized taxi voucher program that allows qualified customers to enjoy the convenience of regular taxi service at a fraction of the cost.
- Before a customer schedules their first trip, they need to call Irving Holdings to request their taxi debit card and add funds to their account. Customers can call Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., using the dedicated Collin County Transit phone number (682.334.8045).
- When calling, customers should be sure to tell them they are with Collin County Transit and provide them the Program Account Number (MCK2017) so they know which program you are with.
- At this time customers can request their debit card and add funds to their account. You can load as little as $5 or much as $150 on to your debit card (in $5 increments) per month.
- After you have added funds to your account, matching funds will be added to your account at a rate of 3-to-1 for a total value up to $600 maximum per month ($150 customer, $450 matching).
- Your debit card will be mailed to the home address as provided on your application. Please allow three to five business days for processing.
Loading and Re-Loading Funds to Your Debit Card
- Customers may load and reload debit cards for the difference of the rollover balance up to $150, for a total maximum monthly value of $600.
- Irving Holdings can take debit card, credit card or a pre-paid Visa or Master Card gift card over the phone
- Customers who wish to pay in cash are encouraged to:
- Write a personal check and process funds via mail
- Purchase a money order and process funds via mail
- To expedite, cash-paying customers may purchase a pre-paid Visa or Master Card gift card that can be used over the phone to load funds on the debit card
- Drivers cannot take any form of payment to load funds on the passenger’s debit card
- If customers choose to load the debit card via personal check or money order, they need to:
- Mail the payment to Irving Holdings at 2515 Irving Blvd, Dallas, Texas 767502704, along with the customer’s full name, address, phone number, personal account number, and program number
- Upon receipt of a personal check, money order or cash, Irving Holdings will load funds on the card the next business day
- If the customer’s phone number is on file, an Irving Holdings representative will contact the customer to notify them that their funds have been loaded on the debit card
- All funds loaded on the debit card are non-refundable and non-transferrable
- How much should I load on my debit card?
- The monthly amount for each customer will be based on individual travel patterns
- For regular and recurring appointments a customer may consider adding up to the $600 maximum on the card
- For infrequent appointments a customer may want to limit the initial amount that is loaded and add more funds throughout the month
Debit Card Balance
- Customers can provide their email address and opt in to receive low balance alerts
- Low balance alerts are sent via email once a debit card balance has reached $20 or less
- Customers can provide their email address or update their email address with Irving Holdings by calling 682.334.8045
- Customers can contact Irving Holdings at 682.334.8045 to obtain their balance
- Customers should report a lost, stolen or damaged debit card to Irving Holdings at 682.334.8045
- A $1 fee will be charged for all replacement cards
- It may take three to five business days to receive the new debit card
- New debit cards will have a $0 balance
- Customers will be responsible for loading new funds on the card
Booking Your Trip
- To schedule your trip, use the dedicated Collin County Transit phone number (972.728.6789) to call Irving Holdings
- Using a different phone number or scheduling via the automated scheduling option, will result in your trip not being booked as a Collin County Transit trip, and you will not receive the benefits of the Program, such as priority booking and guaranteed trips when booked within the recommended time frames
- Also, be sure to identify yourself as a Collin County Transit customer and provide the Program Account number (MCK2017).
- Trips can be booked 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365 days per year using the dedicated Collin County Transit phone number (972.728.6789)
- Trips can be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance
- Customers are encouraged to make trip requests at least two (2) hours in advance. Requests by passengers with special mobility needs are encouraged to make trip requests by 5 p.m. on the day prior to requested service
- Irving Holdings will make their best attempt to schedule service for customers who call with less than the suggested notice
- Schedule your trip by providing the following information:
- Personal Account number (on the back of your debit card)
- Date and time
- Origin and destination
- Travel companions, if any
- Special mobility needs
- If your mobility device changes, call DCTA Customer Service at 940.243.0077
- Be sure to ask for a reference number for your trip request. This is your confirmation that the trip has been booked, and can be used to reference the trip at a later date/time if needed.
- Trip estimates can be provided upon request
- Wait times are determined by the customer’s origin and destination
- Return trips can be scheduled at the same time as the original trip, or scheduled after the fact if the exact time is unknown.
- Please note that if you schedule your return trip the day of, you should provide a minimum of two hours’ notice to ensure a vehicle is available. Same day requests made with less than two hours’ notice will be provided based on vehicle availability.
- Subscription service is available for customers who need to schedule regularly-occurring trips (same day/same time/weekly)
Information on requests for modification or accommodation can be found here.
Taking Your Trip
- Irving Holdings will operate Collin County Transit service on a 0-to-20-minute window for scheduled pick-ups
- The vehicle is considered to be on time when it arrives within the assigned 20-minute ready-time window (10 minutes before or 10 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time)
- Passengers are encouraged to be ready 10 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time and are expected to board within the first five (5) minutes of the vehicle arriving
- Service is provided curb-to-curb
- The customer must be able to get themselves and any required equipment into and out of the taxi
- Service animals are permitted on vehicles for those customers requiring a service animal
- Cancellations must be made at least two (2) hours in advance of the scheduled pick-up time
- Cancellations made with less than two (2) hours’ notice will be considered a No-Show
- A customer is given a No-Show when the vehicle arrives within the 20-minutes ready-time window and the rider fails to board the vehicle within five (5) minutes of the vehicle’s arrival; riders may be penalized for excessive no-shows
- Trip requests may be denied due to capacity constraints or eligibility
Customers are encouraged to utilize DCTA’s GORequest system to provide a comment, question or concern and a DCTA staff member will provide a timely response. The GORequest app is available on iTunes and Google Play. Customers can also submit items via GORequest online.
In addition, customers can call DCTA Customer Service at 940.243.0077 with questions regarding how the program works, to determine their eligibility for the program, and to provide feedback on the service provided. DCTA Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customers are encouraged to call Irving Holdings at 972.728.6789 for questions related to booking a trip, a trip already booked, or other service-related questions.