The Regional Express Corridor Plan is comprised of four proposed corridors throughout Denton County envisioned to be served by a premier over-the-road coach fleet. DCTA envisions an array of on-board amenities to transform the way passengers travel.
Some of these amenities could include: Wi-Fi, charging stations, LCD screens broadcasting the daily news, restrooms, reclining seats and extra leg room. This ambitious effort will have a profound effect on the future viability for public transportation access, land use and economic development within and surrounding the North Texas Region.
All five proposed corridors:
- 380/423 Express (serve growing residential areas along Highway 380 and 423)
- 35W Express (connecting Denton and Fort Worth)
- DCTA partnered with Trinity Metro in September 2016 to launch the North Texas Xpress service.
- East-West Connector (Phases I and II)
- Phase I connecting Highland Village to The Colony
- Phase II east to west connection from The Colony, through Highland Village and Flower Mound all the way to Northlake
- Airport Express (connecting Denton County residents to DFW Airport)