Vote and get a free transit ride! On select voting days during the 2020 general election, voters can ride free on the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Trinity Metro to cast their ballot. Below is more information for each North Texas public transit agency’s Election 2020 free ride promotion:
DCTA Election 2020 Free Ride Promotion
DCTA will provide free rides for early voting on Saturday, Oct. 17, and Saturday, Oct. 24; as well as on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3. No voter identification is needed to ride free. Voters can ride the following DCTA services at no cost to get to a voting location:
- A-train commuter rail
- Connect Bus system (Denton and Lewisville)
- University of North Texas (UNT) Campus Shuttles
- Lewisville Lakeway On-Demand
- Downtown Denton Transit Center Evening On-Demand
Denton County voters can locate their polling places at votedenton.comby using the Denton County interactive map. Passengers can use DCTA’s Transit Tracker system to find and track their ride via the mobile app, online, text or call the agency’s customer service team at 940-243-0077. For trip planning, passengers can utilize the agency’s Trip Planner at RideDCTA.net.
For more information about DCTA’s Election 2020 free ride promotion, visit www.DCTA.net/vote.
DART Election 2020 Free Ride Promotion
DART will provide free rides to voters on the following days:
- Early voting on Saturday, Oct. 17, and Saturday, Oct. 24.
- Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Free DART service will be available all day to help you get to your polling location. Voters can ride at no cost on all DART bus, light rail, Dallas Streetcar, GoLink and Paratransit service, and on the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station.
Customers who need customized trip planning can map out their ride with the "Plan" tool in the free GoPass app or use the Trip Planner on DART.org. DART Customer Service is also available at 214-979-1111 to answer questions and provide trip planning information.
For more information on riding DART to vote go to www.DART.org/Vote.
Trinity Metro Election 2020 Free Ride Promotion
Riders can show their voter registration card or current Texas ID and ride for free during early voting Oct. 13 through 30, and on Election Day, Nov. 3. The transit services included in the program are
- Trinity Metro’s bus routes
- Near Southside ZIPZONE, Crowley ZIPZONE and Mercantile ZIPZONE
- ACCESS paratransit, plus Tarrant County Transportation Services (TCTS)
- Northeast Transportation Services (NETS)
- Arlington’s Via and Handitran
Trinity Metro is also offering free on-demand service from Fort Worth Central Station to the drop-off ballot location in northeast Fort Worth on Tuesdays (Oct. 13, 20, 27) and Fridays (Oct. 16, 23, 30) during early voting. Riders can request this option by calling customer care at 817-215-8600 before the close of business the day prior to the ride.
Tarrant County has multiple locations for early voting and a list of locations for Election Day. Visit the list of polling places served by Trinity Metro. For more information on Trinity Metro’s Election Day free ride promotion, visit ridetrinitymetro.org.
How Voters Can Stay Safe When Riding Public Transit
All three public transit agencies recommend that riders vote early to avoid crowds. In addition, below are more tips voters who ride DCTA, DART and Trinity Metro should keep in mind to keep themselves and others safe this election season:
- Wear a face covering while riding and while at the voting location.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you to use before and after voting.
- Bring your own sanitized pen to sign any forms.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you can after leaving the voting location